Great How to Make Unique Wood Walking and Hiking Sticks

Check this out: http://www.walking-hiking-sticks.com

Get on the list to get some great tips how to make wood walking sticks and hiking staffs. Also, will tell you about a great guide that shows how to make great walking sticks.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Five more days until Colorado bound. I'm still looking for good hiking spots in the Steamboat Springs and Estes Park area. Anybody have any suggestions? Also, does anybody know the hiking stick wood or wood staff collecting rules in the Rockies National Park? I know that I can collect wood for walking sticks in areas outside of the park and on private land if given permission. But what about in the national park.

Also, we will be fishing along the river behind the lodge we are staying in. Any suggestions of what to use as bait or fly?

Does anybody want to trade bamboo to make staffs and walking sticks for woods in their areas? I have a few neighbors who do cut back their bamboo a few times a year and I always go through the piles to get hiking staff making materials. I mostly make staffs and hiking poles not walking canes with curved handles. I usually add a good hiking compass, weaved rope handles, metal tips for traction and so forth on the cane staffs and walking sticks.

Have a great Friday!

No comments: