Great How to Make Unique Wood Walking and Hiking Sticks

Check this out: http://www.walking-hiking-sticks.com

Get on the list to get some great tips how to make wood walking sticks and hiking staffs. Also, will tell you about a great guide that shows how to make great walking sticks.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Driftwood stick found - what to do with it?


Just collected another stick at the beach two weeks ago. It was drift wood. I cleaned out the dead wood to open a space on the top of the stick. I will need to treat for wood worms before I do more work on it. It's looks like it will become either a short walking stick, wizard stick or just a decorative. I will post an image when I finish working with it. Its well weathered and has the typical silver/gray color of cedar that has aged in the sun. Making hiking stick is a great hobby and well worth your time. Please add you comments and if you have a favorite stick, hiking location, vaction spot - please add a post.

P.S. : I'm going to Colorado in a couple weeks (Rockies and Steamboat). Anyone know of any good hiking trails in the Esta Parks area? What about fishing around Steamboat Springs.

No comments: